Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thatcher's First Birthday!!!






My baby is one, oh I can't believe it. He was sick on his birthday with the croup so was sleeping when all who came to celebrate with us arrived. We did presents first to wake him up a bit and I must say he got into it a little more Christmas, i think he is starting to realize that the pretty colored wrapping has something inside he might like. He loved all of his gifts of course but I think the big hits were the big blocks and wagon from Uncle Tyrel and Aunt Kristin. Thanks everyone. Then came time for the cake. He was a little interested in the candle but not at all in the eating of the cake. I finally got him to play in it with a spoon but pushing his hands in it disgusted and annoyed him. Days later when he felt better I tried again...he wanted nothing to do with it. I bet if I had made it a chocolate cake he would've felt differently about it. I don't know what it is because he really has never had any but this kid can sniff out the stuff.





At his one year check up he weighed 21lbs and was 31 inches tall. Right now he has discovered his shadow and he loves to wave at it. He is trying many new foods, many end up on the floor for Zoe to eat. He try's to run but his legs can't keep up with his body and he falls a lot. He loves to dance and hones into any music with in his earshot, he stops and either starts to bounce up and down and wave his hands around crazy or he starts to sway with hands in the air above his head, oh yeah and he recently started stamping his feet...so cute! He gets so excited when people get home and runs over to say hello and get loves. He loves to play hide and seek with dad and anything else they do together. He loves to read books before bedtime and have you sing to him, itsy bitsy spider is a favorite right now and he is starting to catch on to the actions. He uses the sigh language action for eat and more, though his versions are a bit off they are consistent and he understands what they mean. he also understands more of what at ask him and he will shake his head yes for things as well. He definitely has mommy wrapped around his tiny little finger because she still gets up with him 2-3 times a night...I know, I know I "just have to let him cry" LOL We are excited to see what he will do with his next year.

7 comments:

Little Lady~bug said...

I can't believe he is ONE already. Time flies. He looks like he enjoyed himself for how sick he was. And I'm sure he will like cake before too long!

Brynne said...

Time flies!! He looks like he is having so much fun. You too. :) Cade wasn't into the cake, either! He learned quick that he SHOULD be though! ;) It is hard to let them cry, but with the next baby you'll be like "is someone crying?". ha.

Kyleen and Brent said...

Happy Birthday Thatcher! Belated of course! OMG I cannot believe he is a year already! We miss you guys! Come visit when you get sick of the snow! LOL!

Kim Hodges said...

I can't believe that Thatcher is one either. The time flies. Ethan is turning two this month, what happened? Thatcher is getting so big though, and looking like a little man. How are things for you? What is up with you?

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding me!?!?! He is already one?! That is CRAZY! Poor guy...that is no fun to be sick...epecially on his b-day! Hope it was fun though!

Tyler and Mikin Morton said...

Wow, It is hard to believe our baby boys are already a year old...well, Asa is March 6th, so soon. I love you and are you in Spokane? Come Over Anytime! Call when you are ever over here. Seriously this is embarrassing we do not see each other! I love you!

chelsea mckell said...

yeah - isn't it crazy we have one-yr-olds?! It's tough to stop saying "my baby." I'll probably keep doing it til I have another! It was especially fun reading your description about him now - since obviously we can relate to a lot of it. Brianna does the same thing with signing - her own version! Like with "all done" she just waves her arms at her side. Hard to explain. Anyways - love the block tower. That kid sounds like he's all BOY!