Thatchers thumb is healing and growing out, it's just a little bumpy nail but that may grow out and be normal, time will tell. It sure hasn't stopped him, he is quite the busy man. He constantly wants us to take him outside and he is drawn to any type of water; from the biggest swimming pool to a pool of mushy goo, from the tiniest mud puddle to a sink full of nasty dish water, which he loves to drink. I know gross! His other bad habit is climbing into the toilet, fully clothed. He's only done it 3 times but i thought ones was enough. The last time his foot got stuck down the flushing whole, well stuck enough that he couldn't get out himself but needed assistance from mom.


Do to the busy summer schedule and the week that mom (me) will be at girls camp we have started the weening process, some may say it's long over due but I say whatever, it was working for us. It's only been a few days and I have cut it down to two feedings a day one at night before bed and one at nap time. The biggest thing for Thatcher is sleeping in his crib and the hardest thing for mom (me) is listening to him cry. The first night he only woke up once, well twice if you count the 8am waking but I made him stay in bed because he was still tired. So after another 30 min cry he fell back asleep.
Last night he cried for about 20 min again (so did I) them sat down and held my fingers through the crib calmed down, then laid down and fell asleep FOR TEN HOURS! A HUGE breakthrough for us. Great job Son!
We hope this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship:)
I seem to stay busy with massage, church callings, motherhood, wife hood and Cinderella-itis. Messes never seem to cease, do they?
Landon, is still working on his life long goal's but has fatherhood and husbandness down to a T. He also has a nice collection of self-help and motivational books if anyone need help in these areas, he's the guy to see. He also enjoyed his first "tea party" and held his sign high and proud "Stop taking liberties with my liberty"!

We are enjoying Thatcher at 16 months he is starting to talk more and run like the wind. He is only in the 12% for his weight but the 89% for his height, so I guess I'm raising a string bean. I love his hugs and kisses his silly faces and sounds only a mother understands and his contagious laughter and goofiness. He loves to do what the big kids (older cousins) are doing and we have to be careful what we say and do because he is beginning to copy everything. He is very interested in little babies and poor baby max (cousin) gets over loved sometimes. I know what you'll say perhaps it's time to have another one, well perhaps it is but I'm really enjoying this one sweet boy for now.










2 comments:
I can't wait to have sweet things like these to say about Isabella. Thatcher is really a wonderful boy!I miss you guys!
way to go on nursing so long! I'm definitely NOT of the mindset that weening was long overdue... I say - the longer the better! Thatcher will be reaping the benefits of your dedication for the rest of his life!
Post a Comment